Omigo can be cleaned with your typical household cleaners (we recommend mild detergents such as dish soap, Windex, or Method) and a soft damp cloth. Unplug your Omigo from the power source before cleaning.
Do not scrub or use harsh, abrasive products to clean your Omigo. Do not use thinner, benzene, acidic chemicals, chlorine, or hydrochloric acid detergent. This may result in corrosion to the metal parts or discoloration or scratches to the Omigo body.
How to remove your Omigo for a thorough cleaning
First, unplug your Omigo. To remove the seat, press the Quick-Release button on the left side of the seat and slide forward off of the mounting plate and toilet.
How to clean the nozzles
Although the Omigo nozzles are self-cleaning, we recommend they be cleaned with a soft toothbrush monthly, or as needed. Take care when cleaning the nozzles; do not apply too much pressure to avoid damaging the nozzle system.
- Press the Nozzle Cleaning auxiliary button (on the side of the seat). The front wash nozzle will fully extend. Gently clean with a soft cloth or toothbrush.
- Press the Nozzle Cleaning button again and the front wash nozzle will retract and the rear wash nozzle will fully extend. Gently clean with a soft cloth or toothbrush.
- Press the Nozzle Cleaning button a third time and the rear nozzle will retract back into the seat.
How to clean the mesh filter
Cleaning intervals will differ depending on use and water quality. It is recommended to check the filter at least once a year.
- Turn off the water shut off valve at the wall and flush the toilet, holding down the handle to completely empty the tank.
- Unplug your Omigo, remove the seat from the toilet using the Quick-Release button on the left side of the seat, and disconnect the bidet hose. You may want to use a bucket to catch any excess water.
- Remove the mesh filter from the water inlet with a pair of tweezers or needle-nosed pliers.
- Clean the filter with a toothbrush while running under tap water to effectively remove any build-up.
- Replace the mesh filter and carefully check that it is installed correctly. If improperly installed, it could result in leaking.
- Reconnect the bidet hose and slide the seat back on the mounting plate. Plug the cord back in, and turn the water supply back on.
Be cautious of leaving any home and beauty products in contact with your Omigo seat, the result of which can be irreversible discoloration. Wash off any substances that come in contact with the seat as soon as possible. Most stains can be removed using a 1:1 mix of rubbing alcohol and water and a soft cloth or towel. If necessary, replacement seat parts can be purchased through an Omigo Agent.